[SIPForum-discussion] SIP to PSTN

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 12:09:22 UTC 2013

Remember, that ISUP is a protocol where the far end is supposed to provide
ringback. A SIP -> PSTN gateway should open a backwards path when sending the
IAM and send SDP backwards when sending the 18x. We have seen problems where a
ACM (with subscriber status of free - indicating terminating party is ringing)
results in a 180 with SDP and the receiver of that 180 not cutting through the
far end ringback. The ACM with subscriber free may have to be sent as a 183
w/SDP to ensure correct interworking.

Stephen James
sjames_1958 at yahoo.com

We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any
nobility must be earned.