[SIPForum-discussion] INFO message in SIP

sairam sudhir pokkunuri sairamsudhir at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 06:30:10 UTC 2013

  Hi SadaShiv

We can send info message whenever we want , that comes under asynchronous messaging , but we have to make sure that this info transaction is properly identified at the peer.
That is dialog must be identified, coz as per this conversation i can observe that message is within a dialog,

Now in 100 trying if that is from peer you get the to-tag and identify dialog in this u can send info,
When 100 trying is from  proxy , proxy cant initiate info,
If sender wants to send an info he can do that, but there would be a race condition as info should be instantly replied and receiver cant reply  as he has to send 200 invite before or 18x so that dialog is identified.

Hope this answers the question

Reg
 Sai