[SIPForum-discussion] FAX T.38

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Jan 12 05:51:50 UTC 2013

Its worth pointing out what gives rise to this confusion. In the H.323
part of T.38 it says the egress gateway should be the one to initiate
T.38. In the SIP section is doesn't specify. It makes more sense to
initiate from the egress gateway, and many people follow that practice
with SIP. Others do the dumbest thing that stays within the letter of
the spec.

T.38 is the Gruyere of specifications.

Steve