[SIPForum-discussion] What is "inside dialog" and "outside dialog"

Abhisek Acharya abhisek.acharya at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 04:26:40 UTC 2013

In order to know this we must know when and how a dialog is established.A
dialog is established when 18x response to a INVITE message comes from its
peer.The TO-TAG,FROM-TAG and CALL-ID constitutes the dialog-ID.This state
is called early dialog and it goes to confirmed state after 200OK response
comes from UAS.

So any REQUEST after this will be inside the DIALOG..

2.There are also methods they do not create the dialog like OPTION,REGISTER
where OPTION and RESGITER will get the 200OK response right a way.These
requests are outside the dialog.

Please let me know if there is any confusion anywhere in this.

Regards
Abhisek Acharya