[SIPForum-discussion] What is Session timer ?

Khoa Pham onmyway133 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 03:10:43 UTC 2013

@Sasikanth: Thanks. I used SIP workbench to log SIP traffic. And found that
it is the CLIENT who is sending the UPDATE request, not the server

@Pranav Damele: Thanks. I see the UA sending UPDATE, not re-INIVITE. Says
the Session timer is 100s, I see the UA
sending UPDATE every 50s (half the Session timer)

And, if the other UA is not responding. We must wait 50s. It is a very long
long time. How to overcome this ?