[SIPForum-discussion] INFO Message with Media Control for Bitrate

Eugene Christensen echristensen at sorenson.com
Tue Dec 3 15:43:30 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have encountered a couple of instances where other UAs are sending me INFO messages using media_control with change_bitrate to limit the bandwidth of my video channel.  I'd like to understand the expectations of this request better (e.g. does it override SDP bandwidth constraints received before/after it?) but I've been unable so far to find an RFC that addresses the change_bitrate.  Can someone direct me to this rfc?  I did find the rfc that discusses media_control being used for picture_fast_update (rfc5168) but it doesn't seem to apply to the change_bitrate message.

Also, it seems like there is a movement towards using AVPF for more of this type of control; is that a correct assumption?

Thank you,

Eugene R. Christensen
Principal Software Engineer
Sorenson Communications
4192 South Riverboat Road
Salt Lake City, Utah 84123
P. 801.287.9419
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential and proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by reply e-mail at echristensen at sorenson.com<mailto:gbeckmann at sorenson.com> or by telephone at 801-287-9419, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20131203/374690cc/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list