[SIPForum-discussion] CANCEL for reinvite

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 11:36:07 UTC 2013

1. The request is the original INVITE that you are cancelling.
2. Receiving a 200OK means you can't send CANCEL, but must send BYE as the
INVITE transaction has completed.
3. You should wait for the provisional response before attempting to CANCEL.
Per 3261 the far end should send a 100 Trying if the reINVITE will take more 200
ms.

Stephen James
sjames_1958 at yahoo.com

We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any
nobility must be earned.