[SIPForum-discussion] Outbound Proxy

Santosh Iyer spi6281 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 21:54:11 UTC 2012

An outbound proxy is a server which would know how to route the REGISTER message to the REGISTRAR, whereas the SIP Proxy might be thought of the REGISTRAR itself.    If my memory serves correct, The REGISTER message will be routed to the outbound proxy and the Request-URI will have the details of the sip proxy.

Santosh