[SIPForum-discussion] Http Digest Authentication for SIP user

krishna kundan kkiitg at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 23:24:31 UTC 2012

Hey Guys,
  I wonder if any of us have worked on security part of a SIP proxy server.
  Basically I have a requirement where in all sip ua will have a domain account and proxy server will use domain credential for authenticating those SIP UA's. Issue is that do we have any way(win32 API) to get hash value of username:realm:password. This is required as per SIP http digest authentication requirement.
  Any input would be highly appreciated. If not possible then how to authenticate a SIP user without knowing plain text password at both sip ua and proxy server ends.
Thanks,Kundan