[SIPForum-discussion] Check in-dialog SIP OPTIONS support

Massimo Messore massimo.messore at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:12:21 UTC 2012

Hi all,

reading RFC3261 it looks like in-dialog OPTIONS support is optional for a
UA.

"An OPTIONS request MAY be sent as part of an established dialog to

query the peer on capabilities that may be utilized later in the

dialog."

Because of network constraints, I'm wondering if there is a simple way for a
Registrar to check if the UA asking for registration supports in-dialog
OPTIONS before let the UA register to the network.

As far as I know the registration process does not generate a new dialog so
maybe just sending an OPTIONS to the UA during the registration process
should not be the solution.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.