[SIPForum-discussion] advantage of SIP T over SIP I

Nilima Verma nilimamv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:54:05 UTC 2012

*Hi all
*

*SIP-I defines a mapping from SIP to BICC in additional to ISUP, while
SIP-T addresses only the ISUP*

*SIP-T is inherently designed for interoperation with native SIP terminals,
while SIP-I is restricted for use between PSTN gateways only*

*SIP-I is more accurate and explicitly defines the parameters between ISUP
and SIP and on top it defines the supplementary services for
telecommunication interconnection in detail, which is not support by SIP-T.*

Read more:
http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-sip-i-and-sip-t/#ixzz1kPI6Yzkq

Nilima