[SIPForum-discussion] SIP T and redirection number in SS7

Aniella Juverdeanu Aniella.Juverdeanu at telus.com
Mon Jan 2 21:18:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

I meant to answer quicker... But I didn't have a chance.
I have been working with SIP T and SIP I for many years and tested a lot. For sure the entire IAM is encapsulated and the SIP T node should also map to SIP headers the diversion headers. The destination node will give priority to the encapsulated message but if not present will consider the SIP headers. From my experience on how History
Header was implemented by diverse vendors is not advisable to be used when sending the call to PSTN as it will allays be present in a non forwarded call and will add an OCN in IAM that will fail calls to some old IVR systems. Best is Diversion (RFC 5806) used also by all IP based messaging systems I know.
Regards,
Aniella

Sent: Sun Dec 25 02:45:47 2011
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] SIP T and redirection number in SS7

Hello,

Any response on this please?

Raghul

Sent: Monday, 19 December 2011, 11:07
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] SIP T and redirection number in SS7

Hello all,

SIP T involves encapsulation of SS7 messages in SIP message.

What would happen if the SS7 IAM had redirection parameter?

Will this be encapsulated as MIME object in the SIP message, or will be mapped to either History info or Diversion header of SIP? Please explain.

Thanks,
Raghul

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20120102/639fd7fd/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list