[SIPForum-discussion] UE disabling call with setting both audio and image port = 0

ashok.pitambar at wipro.com ashok.pitambar at wipro.com
Fri Feb 10 09:33:11 UTC 2012

Hi Albert,

I guess it is the typo ,  the proper response you may be expecting is "488 Not Acceptable Here/415 Unsupported Media Type".
I am not sure why you are expecting "405 Method Not Allowed" this response expected only when UA sends any SIP method which
is unsupported at other end.

Coming back to your question I see warning "305 devnull "no common codec for audio"" in header Warning , When there is no common
codecs exists then call should be terminated with appropriate client error.

488 Not Acceptable Here

This response indicates that some aspect of the proposed session is not acceptable
and may contain a Warning header field indicating the exact reason.
This response has a similar meaning to 606 Not Acceptable, but only
applies to one location and may not be true globally as the 606 response
indicates.

415 Unsupported Media Type

This response sent by a user agent indicates that the media type contained in the
INVITE request is not supported. For example, a request for a video conference
to a PSTN gateway that only handles telephone calls will result in this response.
The response should contain header fields to help the UAC reformulate the
request.

Regards,
Ashok Pitambar