[SIPForum-discussion] Mid-dialog requests

Abhisek Acharya abhisek.acharya at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:42:18 UTC 2012

Mid-dialog requests are anything which go form either of the party calling
or called depending on the scenario.One of the simple example is sending a
RE-INVITE to put the
call on hold.RE-INVITE only can be sent after the session is established.

Another example you can consider UPDATE as a session refresher
request.Session-Refresher requests are sent in the middle of the dialogs to
check if the session is still alive or not.

Transferring the call using REFER method also can be considered as a mid
dialog request.
All the mid dialog requests contain the same call-id as the established
call.

Please let me know if something is not clear on this one.Please feel free
to call me if you have any doubt regarding this.

Regards
Abhisek Acharya