[SIPForum-discussion] VAD and CNG

isshed isshed.sip at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 05:04:33 UTC 2011

  VAD is voice activity detection whenever it detects the silence it
notifies the CNG module then CNG module generate the comfort Noise packets
(SID) and because these CNG packets are not natural so depending upon the
background noise DTX i.e discontinuos Transmission module notifies the CNG
module to incorporate some changes in  the SID packets.

Thanks