[SIPForum-discussion] Merge 2 Pcap/wireshark files

Gast, Jim jim.gast at tdstelecom.com
Tue Sep 27 17:21:50 UTC 2011

Hi, Amit S21-

Amit S0 is correct.  The good news is that merging is possible (File / Merge) . . . but the bad news is that the timestamps have to coincide to about 1ms accuracy.   If I recall correctly, merging 2 pcap files whose timestamps are off by even just a few milliseconds will drive you crazy.  You will often think a response is for one packet when it really was a reaction to a different packet.

I have also heard that you can use tcpsplice or mergecap, too.

Jim Gast , TDS Telecom