[SIPForum-discussion] Parameters to identify Re-INVITE

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 23:07:46 UTC 2011

The to tag indicates that this INVITE is within an existing dialog, thus a
re-INVITE.
The Cseq number may not be incremented if the this request is in the backward
direction from the original INVITE.
If it is in the same direction the Cseq will be incremented.
The branch will indicate a new transaction, which is true of all requests.

Stephen James
sjames_1958 at yahoo.com

We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any
nobility must be earned.