[SIPForum-discussion] reg. SIP OutBound

jayaram jayaram_p_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 12:55:33 UTC 2011

Hi Ranjit,

 Presence of "Outbound" tag in Require header of response to REGISTER message indicates the Capability/Support of the Outbound feature support by Registrar/Proxy and it is not bound/related with Outbound froxies (EP1/EP2).

So, if registration through EP1 did not support outbound, then even if Registration is tried out with EP2, REGISTRAR would not firm two bindings for EP1 and EP2. Depending on Registrar policy, either EP1 binding or EP2 binding will be available but not both.

SO,in my openion, if the registration through EP1 did not support outbound, registration through EP2 is not require .