[SIPForum-discussion] RTP skew and delta

VAMBARA, SAMPATH (SAMPATH)** CTR ** sampath.vambara at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Sep 1 06:40:33 UTC 2011

Hi Raghul,

I am not sure how to put it in words but below is an example to calculate skew.

If the packet rate should be 100packets/sec and 1000 packets have arrived in some 10.04 seconds. I mean the 1000th packet has arrived at 10.04th second then the skew value would be -40msec. and if the 1000th packet arrives in 9.96 seconds then the skew value will be +40msec.
And Delta is the time difference between the current packet and the previous packet in the stream.

Regards,
Sampath