[SIPForum-discussion] should UA accept SIP INVITE destined to a different domain than was initially registered to

Keith Lin iamchiaweilin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:25:49 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

My question is "Should an UA accept SIP INVITE, whose "to header" field
contains a different domain than
the one that this UA initially registered with?"

Let me use an example to illustrate my question again:

(1) an UA registered with a proxy say a.com
     let's say this UA has an URI of 111 at a.com

(2) if this UA receives an INVITE with to header field 111 at b.com
Should it accept this invite?

because I initially registered with a.com, an incoming request is destined
to b.com
wouldn't there be a security problem if this request is accepted?

Thank you guys~