[SIPForum-discussion] should UA accept SIP INVITE destined to a different domain than was initially registered to

Hemant Kumar uniqhemant at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 04:24:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

Ideally it should accept it.

Think of a scenario in which call is being redirected by a proxy as the
called party(callee at a.com) is not available.
There is a possibility that the  call is redirected to a user(
redirected at b.com) belonging to a different domain than the called party. In
this case the TO header will not be modified but Request URI will be
modified to redirected at b.com.

Regards,
Hemant

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Keith Lin <iamchiaweilin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> My question is "Should an UA accept SIP INVITE, whose "to header" field
> contains a different domain than
> the one that this UA initially registered with?"
>
> Let me use an example to illustrate my question again:
>
> (1) an UA registered with a proxy say a.com
>      let's say this UA has an URI of 111 at a.com
>
> (2) if this UA receives an INVITE with to header field 111 at b.com
> Should it accept this invite?
>
> because I initially registered with a.com, an incoming request is destined
> to b.com
> wouldn't there be a security problem if this request is accepted?
>
> Thank you guys~

- Hemant