[SIPForum-discussion] Re-INVITE behavior

Hemant Kumar uniqhemant at gmail.com
Sun May 22 12:19:54 UTC 2011

Hi Gonzalo,

I am assuming that your query is regarding - what B2BUA should do.

As a B2BUA it can definitely respond with SDP answer same as what it
received in ACK from endpoint a.
But doing this would need

1. B2BUA to cache the SDP answer so that it could be compared with the SDP
offer received in Re-INVITE.
2. Extra logic to be executed by B2BUA each time it receives a Re-INVITE for
an already established session.

Unless it is required for a specific traffic scenario, I dont see a need of
B2B acting so smartly here and I would rather let it just forward the
Re-INVITE and leave up to the endpoint to act.

Regards,
Hemant

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 5:24 AM, Gonzalo Gasca <gogasca at cisco.com> wrote:

>  Hi forum,
>
> Have the following question:
> When we get a RE-INVITE with SDP with same SDP information as previous 200
> OK, should we forward that REINVITE or answer with previous ACK
> information.?
>
> Call flow:
>
> Endpoint (a)—> B2BUA (a1) ---> B2BUA(a2) ---> SBC ---> B2BUA(b) --->
> Conference bridge (b)
>
> When I call from endpoint a, conference bridge b answers, in this case
>
> In B2BUA(a2)
>
>  INVITE           --->
> TRYING          <---
> RINGING        <---