[SIPForum-discussion] Proving out SIPp Test Tool

Corcione, John john.corcione at hrblock.com
Thu May 12 15:00:55 UTC 2011

We need to prove the SIPp out the test tool.  Does anyone have any documentation or test cases for the SIPp tool itself?  Not looking for load profiles just looking for documentation, test cases or examples of how SIPp was proved out, for example:

*             to prove that we can generate load as needed.

Items to prove:
*             Ramp up and ramp down on the fly
*             Verify our load profile matches expected load levels (verify on telecom system - concurrent calls, busy messages, errors, and agents)
*             Show our ability to adjust our math for agents online, call duration, concurrent calls on the fly. Verify these metrics.
*             Predict when we hit rate limiting based on our load profile (avoid rate limiting unless otherwise required)
*             Test without routing all calls through the hammer gateway (eliminate potential bottleneck)
*             Determine how sipp reacts to different error messages
*             Find cause of error messages (tool, out of sync communications, rate limiting, platform errors)

Etc....

Any help or maybe direction towards documentation on line would be most helpful