[SIPForum-discussion] Query on Update method

mehmet eng.mehmetozi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:37:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

As far as I know UPDATE dos not create new transaction.In some flows it is
not needed for new transactions for a new offer, so UPDATE is used instead
of re-invite, to avoid creating a new transaction.

If you want you can find more details about UPDATE method within this RFC :

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3311.txt

And call flows for UPDATE method :

http://www.dialogic.com/webhelp/img1010/10.5.1/webhelp/description/sip/sip_update.htm

Regards.