[SIPForum-discussion] RES: RTP Tool for Testing my RTP Sender/Receiver

Chris Nicholson Chris.Nicholson at syniverse.com
Tue Mar 22 19:13:19 UTC 2011

Andre,

Asterisk is fully capable of synthesizing an RTP stream; The sound files can be played.  For example, you could place a call, through your RTP server, terminated at/answered by Asterisk.  The answering Asterisk can then play lots of sound files from the dialer plan matching the called extension.

Here's a good set of instructions and sample scripts:

http://www.learnosity.com/techblog/index.cfm/2009/1/6/Load-Testing-Asterisk-Applications--HOWTO

good luck!
-Chris