[SIPForum-discussion] Port numbers problem

andre heller andre.heller1 at gmx.de
Tue Mar 8 09:19:36 UTC 2011

Hi,
this is my problem when I use the port number which I sent in my SDP I could not send anything but on the other hand when I use port = 5060 as my local port to send RTP it is working absolutely fine. I am sending my RTP packets to the port number which I received from the remote party's SDP.

>From my knowledge I am using new DGRAM socket for my RTP, I am sure that I am binding and sending in a correct way.

I also got some replies stating that it does not matter from which port I send my RTP packets, but it is important that to which port I send my RTP packets(port number which I received from the remote party's SDP) and on which port I listen matters (port number which I have sent in my SDP).

Any comments!

Regards
-------- Original-Nachricht --------