[SIPForum-discussion] Port numbers problem

andre heller andre.heller1 at gmx.de
Mon Mar 7 17:47:01 UTC 2011

Hi,
I need some clarification regarding binding port numbers when sending RTP packets.

I am using network sockets in developing my SIP Client. When I send my RTP packets to the SIP Server which port should I locally bind to i.e my client should be binded to which port number, should it be the SIP Port = 5060, or the port number which I have sent with my INVITE which is m=audio 18990 RTP/AVP.

Can somebody give more information regarding this.