[SIPForum-discussion] 481 Transction Does not Exist & ACK for 200 OK

Fatine Taoufik T.Fatine at iam.ma
Tue Mar 29 15:57:32 UTC 2011

Hi Raghul,

The SBC should protoct the SIP platform. If it received ACK messages after the timer defined in the SBC, It shoult reject them automaticaly without crashing.

I think also if the sbc forward these messages (ACK) to the proxy, It will reject them also. So, the problem I thing is to look why ACK messages take long time to arrive to the SBC.

I don't know if just Ack messages that arrive late or SIP responses also.

Good luck

T.Fatine

De : discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] De la part de Raghul Prasanna
Envoyé : lundi 28 mars 2011 09:52
À : discussion at sipforum.org
Objet : [SIPForum-discussion] 481 Transction Does not Exist & ACK for 200 OK

Hello All,

I have the following scenario.

Application Server Sends ACK to 200 OK from an SBC.  But due to network delay, the ACK took several mins to reach the SBC and the SBC in the meantime crashed and rebooted, so lost its session.

When it received the ACK for the 200 OK it sent before the crash, it didnt relate to any of its session as it had crashed and recovered a min ago.

I expected the SBC to return 481 Transaction\Dialog does not exists or some of form of indication to the App Server, stating it doesnt understand, but nothing came back. So as far as the App server was concerned, the call got established.

What can be done in this situation? Is it true that 481 message will be returned only for SIP message, that requires a response and in this scenario ACK doesnt trigger any response, so we shouldnt be expecting any message from SBC that it doesnt understand the transaction? 

If someone thinks that its wrong and SBC should have responded with a message clearly saying I dont understand what you are saying to me, then please lemme know and if any rfc points to this, let me know that as well please?

Any input will be really helpful.

Thanks,
Raghul --------------------------------------------------------

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont adressés à l'attention exclusive de leurs destinataires et sont strictement confidentiels. Si vous le recevez par erreur, merci de le détruire après en avoir informé l'expéditeur sans délai. Toute divulgation, copie ou usage par une personne autre que son destinataire sont interdits. Maroc Telecom décline toute responsabilité pour toute altération, déformation ou falsification subie par le message au cours de sa transmission. Retrouvez toutes les informations de Maroc Telecom sur http://www.iam.ma
 ---------------------------------------------------
This message and its attachments are intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and are strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please delete the material from any computer after having informed the sender. Any copy or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Maroc Telecom accepts no liability for any alteration, distortion or falsification that may occur during the transmission of this message. All information about Maroc Telecom on http://www.iam.ma
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20110329/a584fedf/attachment.html 

More information about the discussion mailing list