[SIPForum-discussion] Why ACK is separate transaction for INVITE

Johnson Jagasetty johnsetty at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 07:37:29 UTC 2011

Hi Ravi,

CSeq  in ACK message must be same as INVITE for successful completion of a dialog. CSeq is not incremented.

If for INVITE :
CSeq: 1 INVITE

for ACK
CSeq: 1 ACK

Regards,
Johnson

Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:01:45 +0530
From: ravikannanbe at gmail.com
To: retesh.chadha at gmail.com
CC: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Why ACK is separate transaction for INVITE

Hi,

Hope you know that for every new transaction Cseq should
increment if it is not increment means that should be same
transaction(non-successful call).

So as per 3-way handshake
policy once it gets 200ok response it sent ACK with increment Cseq id
and it is separate transaction. if it is not incremented means the call
is not successful we are sending ACK for some error message.

Thanks
Ravi