[SIPForum-discussion] Why ACK is separate transaction for INVITE

Gopalakrishnan A.N saigop at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 11:44:28 UTC 2011

So far in my understanding once the call is established SIP will get rid out
of the place and RTP connects the call so before RTP it is considered as one
transaction and after RTP it is considered as another transaction.

In case of 486 busy the call will not establish and it is considered as
single transaction.

Hi list users, please share your thoughts if i am wrong.....:)

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:11 AM, biharilal gupta <guptabihari at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone pls tell me why ACK is a separate transaction in case of 2xx
> (Final response) of INVITE request, and why ACK is not considered a separate
> transaction in case of 486 busy response of INVITE.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> *Bihari Lal Gupta*

Thank you  with regards,
Gopalakrishnan A.N.