[SIPForum-discussion] media delay calculation

shweta jha shwetajha77 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 18:29:55 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am in need to calculate average travel time rtp media takes from android
mobile handset A to android mobile handset B. I am only interested in network
travel times which means time interval between media sent out from transport
layer of handset A and media received by transport layer of handset B ( after
receiving rtp packet jitter delay will get added to that ).

Or how to calculate media delay when Media Gateway sends out media and handset
receives media , network travel time between these two entities.

I do not want to use RTCP RR report as RTCP RR transmission is optional.Handset
might not always receive RTCP RR report.

Thanks,
pinku