[SIPForum-discussion] Transcoding devices in VOIP

amit salunkhe amitsalunkhe21 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 19:33:15 UTC 2011

Dear All

1.How msuch possible and correct to do trasncoding in VOIP carriere level
platforms?
2 .Any carrier doing transcoding in VOIP world?
3. Other than SBc whcih are teh seperate platform we can sue for
transocindg? any well known?
4.If i wish to do trasncoding on seperate BOX (out of my SBC) is the same
call flow of media packets? or signaling packets to do transcoding?

A Party-------->SBC--------------->Tarnscoder
BOX------------>SBC(Same)--------------->B Part or far end?

5. have anybody using Csico CUBE for Transcoding?
6. based on diffrent codec types and annex CPU usage and bandwidth
consumption is diffrent while transcondng?

Thanks & Regards
Amit Salunkhe