[SIPForum-discussion] proxy can create and send a BYE request on its own.

tester voip tester.voip1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 09:13:40 UTC 2011

Gopal,

Proxy is of two types - stateful and stateless.
Stateful is capable of doing forking and when doing forking can be termed as
forking proxy.
As far as I know in forking when the proxy gets the 1st 200 Ok, it forwards
that to the UAC and sends cancel imediately to the other UA.
If after sending CANCEL it receives the 200 OK from any other UA, then the
implementation comes to picture there.
Either it may ignore the 200 OK which will timeout after some time.
Or it will forward the 200 OK to the UAC which may inturn send an ACK and
BYE for that dialog.
Am not sure whether the proxy will send BYE in this case.