[SIPForum-discussion] Accept header and SIP INFO dtmf

Federico piesio fede.legge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:15:54 UTC 2011

Dear all,
let me kindly ask you for some clarification about SIP INFO dtmf.

We have a scenario where, after an INVITE containing among other fields
Accept application/dtmf-relay, the client replies with:
- 183 Session Progress w/ Accept application/dtmf-relay
- 200 OK w/o Accept

When the call is running, SIP INFO (for dtmf) are not accepted by the
server.

If I'm not wrong, RFC 3261 states that Accept is not acceptable into 18x
messages and that, if Accept is not present into 200 OK then default
applies, which means application/sdp.
So it seems to me that server behaviour is correct and that the client
should include Accept application/dtmf-relay into 200 OK message.

What do you think about?

Thank you very much
Regards,
Federico Legge