[SIPForum-discussion] Possible responses to 180 Ringing Messages

Rudra Kant Kanth rudra.k1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 07:42:26 UTC 2011

Hi Stephan,

So, are there instances possible where we can have a BYE following after a
180 Ringing (apart from a CANCEL and PRACK)?

I have not seen such an instance myself. The only thing which I have seen
is that BYE request follows a CANCEL (that too only in race-conditions). I
think it's an unique Finding and I would be interested to see such a trace
where it depicts that even before the final response is received, a BYE is
sent ahead of CANCEL.

Regards,
Rudra