[SIPForum-discussion] Polycom - expires value for SUBSCRIBE configurable?

Rakesh Unni rakeshunni at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:09:51 UTC 2011

Hi guys

We deploy Polycom phones (IP450/650/7k etc) in a hosted environment and use
BLF, MWI and presence features. I need to make a change in subscription
period for these events (mainly BLF) and wondering if there is any way to
do this through config files. Currently, it is using expires = 30 in the
SUBSCRIBE request which I think is hardcoded. I tried changing parameter to
a smaller value but it only affects expires header in the REGISTER request
and not on the SUBSCRIBE. The call server is getting spammed with too many
SUBSCRIBE messages and would be useful if the subscription period for
special features are configurable. Anyone else seen

Thanks!
Rakesh