[SIPForum-discussion] udptl as Media Protocol in SDP

Maciej Wasiel Maciej.Wasiel at dialogic.com
Fri Aug 19 00:38:13 UTC 2011

Hi,
This looks like a bug. UDPTL is not used for audio. It looks like the gateway is trying to re-invite to ulaw for some reason, probably because there is a fax pass-through setting on the gateway that's set to ulaw instead of alaw, which is what's negotiated initially. I've seen this before with Cisco gateways.
Thanks,

Maciej Wasiel
Software Engineer, Dialogic Research Inc | Address: 15 Crawford Street, Needham, MA 02494 | Phone: (781) 433 9771 | Mobile: (508) 740-2641 | Fax: (781) 433 9255
Email: maciej.wasiel at dialogic.com