[SIPForum-discussion] RTP ssrc change during a call

Raghul Prasanna raghul82 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 08:36:33 UTC 2011

Hello All,
I have seen a call where the far end initially starts with a SSRC and then the next rtp from the same source has different ssrc field, I am looking for the wireshark I had so that  I can share it with you guys, will post it if I find that.
Is this acceptable? I remember the user saying one way audio or something like that.
This is not a conference call, because I was wondering if the far end was a mixer and the rtp was actually coming from different source, but then realised that it will have CSRC if it was from a mixer to identify the actual source.
Anyways is it OK to change SSRC by a source during a call, if it can what will be effect on the call?
Thanks,Raghul