[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Faxing

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Aug 13 07:57:49 UTC 2011

A key question is 15% of what kind of calls fail? If you are talking
about a public FAX server, open to all, you might well see 15% to 20% of
failed calls from wrong numbers, voice calls to FAX numbers, etc. If you
are making test calls into a well controlled server and get 15%
failures, that pretty nasty. You should be getting less than 1%
failures, even if the calls are sending tens of pages each.

Steve