[SIPForum-discussion] Transactions in basic call hold scenario

Amit Limaye amitonvoip at yahoo.co.in
Wed Aug 10 18:59:09 UTC 2011

Hi ALL

This may not be generalized clarification .I am conidering set up i work with
which has two end point seperated by a stateful proxy .

Please refer page 122 RFC 3261"17Transactions "
So considering the RFC note and considering a proxy in between
There are total 7 transactions in this call flow.

Invite<-> 200ok1
ACK 1    ------(3261 which  says that ACK for 2xx to INVITE request is a different transaction)
Hold  2           |
                          ----- 7 Transactions
Unhold 2        |
Bye 1      ------

And if there is proxy in between but a stateful one so Proxy will create the new transaction for incoming Invite  request
Re-Invite will create the new transaction .

so that allows me to conclude 7*2 theory if we see the the complete dialog

Amit Limaye