[SIPForum-discussion] what is exact call flow of B2BUA

Xavi Milà xavi.mila at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:56:08 UTC 2011

Hi Sunitha,

AFAIK a B2BUA will always modify the Call-ID, Contact, Via, Route and
Record-Route, if present. These SIP headers are affecting the routing of the
SIP signaling; and therefore we can say that the B2BUA is dialog-aware,
because it will be aware of all the future requests within the same dialog
(changing the Contact) and responses within the same transaction (changing
the Via header). The Dialog-id is composed of the Call-ID, From-tag and
To-tag (RFC3261) and of the Call-ID, From-IP@ and To-IP@ (RFC2543). Since a
B2BUA splits the dialog there will be two call-legs, each one with different
Dialog-ID.

Hope it helps,
-Xavi