[SIPForum-discussion] How to find packet is SIP or RTP

John Berg j.berg at CableLabs.com
Wed Apr 6 16:55:05 UTC 2011

If you are using Wireshark, just filter the IP capture on 'sip' or 'rtp', or 'sip || rtp' to see both.

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of M. Ranganathan
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 4:55 PM
To: mohit
Cc: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] How to find packet is SIP or RTP

Try parsing the first line. That is all  you need.
On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 7:55 AM, mohit <mohitm at cdac.in<mailto:mohitm at cdac.in>> wrote:
Hi,

I have a doubt that by looking at the UDP packet, how to find out if the
packet is SIP or RTP. We cannot use destination port info as some
servers may use port other than 5060 (Default port for SIP).
What field should be used while parsing the packet to identify if packet
is SIP or RTP?

Regards
Mohit.

believed to be clean.