[SIPForum-discussion] Branch and Tag parameters in SIP method

andre heller andre.heller1 at gmx.de
Thu Sep 30 11:02:48 UTC 2010

Hi SIP forum,
I have got a basic doubt, which you guys may find very simple,
but I got to ask.
I am writing the text based SIP protocol methods for my simple SIP Client with methods like INVITE and so, in that I could not come to a conclusion of what values should I give for the parameters BRANCH and TAG.
As far I have read some documentation it only says that BRANCH should always start with z9h..... and so on. Is this user defined or generated automatically. The same is with TAG as well.
Can anyone clarify on this topic?
Regards,
Andre

--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl