[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Video Calls & PSTN/GSM Interface

shaikh. bashaa shaikh.bashaa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 00:07:17 UTC 2010

Dear All, Good Morning every one in this forum.
May I have the honour to ask you some questions as follows:

1. What is the easiest way to have SIP video calls on Nokia SIP enabled
mobiles either on wifi or 3g?  I don't want to use third party software such
as www.fring.com and which open source SIP server has SIP Video calls
feature?

2. Is it possible to interconnect open source IP PBX such as Asterisk with
PSTN / GSM interface for blind conferencing and transfering between all
networks for least cost routing? Such as call conferencing and call transfer
between SIP to GSM/PSTN or GSM/PSTN to SIP? What are the requirements? Do I
need to purchase Digium card hardware?

Promt reply in this regard would be very much appreciated. Thanking you in
advance. Regards, shaikh.bashaa