[SIPForum-discussion] Wireshark and Prepare Filter Option

Banda, Srinivas sbanda at sonusnet.com
Mon Sep 20 12:38:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

You might have filtered the call based on the signaling IP, But RTP will be flowing through media IP in SDP, that is the reason u r not able to see RTP in u r small file.

Regards

Srinivas

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Zuñiga, Guillermo
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 4:27 AM
To: Zuñiga, Guillermo; discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Wireshark and Prepare Filter Option

Any comments related this fellows?

Someone have had this issue.?

Regards

I will appreciate your comments.

Guillermo

De: Zuñiga, Guillermo 
Enviado el: jueves, 16 de septiembre de 2010 01:57 a.m.
Para: discussion at sipforum.org
Asunto: Wireshark and Prepare Filter Option

Hi Fellows.

I have the following question:

A.

I am doing a test using codec g711 and I am doing a trace using wireshark.

After I make my traces I get a huge file with all the calls that are through my system, and then 

I go to the Tab Optiont statistics-VoIP calls and here I find my test Call and go to the Option

Player->Decode-> and there I can Check the Litle Box with the RTP Packets and then choose Play 

and then I can here the Voice.

Like I said before it was using the huge file with all the calls and all the packets that I did in my trace.

B.

My second way to do that is going to 

-statistics-VoIP calls

-Find my Test Call.

-Here use the Option "Prepare Filter" and with this just get my Test Call and save to a very small File.

---The issue here is when I do that I "Can not"  here the RTP(voice) like when I make with the huge File 

without use the Prepare Filter Option.

----When I make the Graph of the test call I can see all the RTP packets, but all said Duration=0(cero).

Why Could this happened? This is a issue with Wireshark, Prepare Filter and Decode Option?

I will appreciate a lot your help.

Regards

Guillermo

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20100920/77a10cd3/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list