[SIPForum-discussion] 180 Ringing not generated

Broussard, Dan Dan.Broussard at Level3.com
Mon Sep 13 14:49:21 UTC 2010

Other response would be;

100 trying
180 ringing [which you would normally expect]
181 Call is being forwarded
182 Queued
183 Session Progress

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Ankit Agarwal
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:48 AM
To: vidhya gopalan
Cc: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] 180 Ringing not generated

Hi,

In case if other end is not sends 180 as response then it might be generating some other response. What is the response code of that msg.

Ankit Agarwal

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:04 PM, vidhya gopalan <vidhyagcse at gmail.com<mailto:vidhyagcse at gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am just a beginner in SIP. I am sending a INVITE from one of the endpoints, but the other endpoint doesnt send 180 Ringing back. wat could be the possible reason for failure.