[SIPForum-discussion] 180 Ringing not generated

Sriram Subramanian sriram.ngn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:26:37 UTC 2010

Hi Vidhya,
               There are many reasons y this can happen

1)Check your via header in the invite you send .The 1xx messages will be
sent to the ip/domain mentioned in this header.
2)Check if your intermediate proxy if any if forwarding your invite to the
other end
3)Run wireshark in both the originating and terminating ends.
4)Check if there are firewalls in your network

Get your wireshark trace to debug more.

Thanks,
Sriram