[SIPForum-discussion] OCS to PSTN Calling stopped working

Thistle,Jeff Jeff.Thistle at stratosglobal.com
Thu Oct 14 14:28:07 UTC 2010

We have an OCS FE <-> OCS Mediation server <-> OCS Proxy/Nortel MCM server <-> Nortel cs1000 pbx and a OCS Edge Server which sits in our DMZ.  The out bound calls from an ocs client to an "external" number (mobile number for example) does not work.  OCS client calls to OCS client calls work within the office.

I've been looking through the trace logs and I've come across this error from one of the MCM logs:

0/14/2010 9:40:39 AM: 4.0.0.16: Debug: GetNextSipGwId: Error: SIP GW ID not found for OCS MS IP: internal ip of mediation server
10/14/2010 9:40:39 AM: 4.0.0.16: Debug: ProcessRequestToGateway: Error: Homing failed (SIP GW not found) - rejecting the call

I'm not sure if this is something in the Call Server or Signaling Server or if it's an issue on the mediation server.  I can ping all servers involved from the mediation server and I can telnet out on 5060, 5061, etc.  I don't know where else to look.  Any ideas?

I am working with a few people from Nortel and Microsoft so hopefully we will get it resolved but I thought I would throw this out to the community as well.

TIA!

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and subject to the Confidentiality Notice at http://www.stratosglobal.com/privacy