[SIPForum-discussion] sequence of events after SIP connection is established

andre heller andre.heller1 at gmx.de
Tue Nov 23 11:04:37 UTC 2010

Hi,
initially I have implemented a TCP/IP Stack. On top of this a SIP Stack say a SIP Client where I do the following......

1. Send a SIP INVITE from Client to Server
2. Got a response SIP Status 100 TRYING from Server to Client
3. Again got SIP/SDP Status: 200 OK from Server to Client
4. Now I have sent the ACK message from Client to Server

Now I know that the Media Session should start and here I am quite confused, can somebody elaborate me of what are the necessary steps to be taken to send the audiovisual data over RTP.

I have captured the Audio, converted it from A/D using PCM and used G.711 Audio Codec to compress the data and my compressed data is stored in : (unsigned char)(alaw^0xD5);

My questions are,
1. what are the next possible steps i need to implement? how can i put this payload (unsigned char)(alaw^0xD5); in to RTP packet

2. when should i initiate RTP i.e rtp_session_init()

3. in my rtp_session_init() I have the following parameters "rtp_session_init(rtp_session *ses, int default_pt, uint32_t sender_ssrc)", what values should be passed to the parameters for example i know with default_pt = 8 and what about the other values.

If you guys want more information then please let me know, but I really need some assistance in this case.

Kind Regards,
Andre