[SIPForum-discussion] Need clarification on Re-Invite ..

shiba shankar rout rout.shibashankar at gmail.com
Tue May 25 15:08:26 UTC 2010

No Ravi. The word used by you for re-Invite is wrong.
You mentioned "Re-INVITE before an established session is considered as
INVITE retransmission".
On this stage you can not call it as Re-invite. Its just  a re-transmission
of original request (INVITE) as per as TIMER.

Again you mentioned "UPDATE can be optionally used for session refreshing .
No hard rule of using UPDATE and re-INVITE interchangeably after the
established session".
Ravi,  this is implementation specific. UAC can use INVITE or UPDATE request
for  session refreshment.

Hope you got the answer.

Best Regards,
S  S Rout